Sunday, July 13, 2008

Perhaps I've figured it out...

I wonder if maybe the stress of the last year running through my brain had staunched the creative flow and I really think it did. I couldn't think past what I was doing from one moment to the next. Living moment by moment is an interesting concept but not somewhere I'd like to be long term. Plus, taking this job, the sales one, was and has been extremely stressful. I've lost my home office and am truly working for a witch who has no people skills at all. But I'm taking steps to rectify that. I have another interview with another company for a sales position that would be making more money but with less stress.

But all that bullshit aside. I think I've got it figured out. I think, that Miranda knows what she is and has been in hiding and Tam, is blind, unknowing what he is or why he is even in this dimension. And the curse that haunts the both of them has followed them. Miranda knowing that someone will someday try to kill her and Tam not knowing that he is the one prophesied to do the deed. I watched Romeo and Juliet vid's on you tube yesterday and one of the things that I love about that story is forbidden love. A tragic and forbidden love. With parents that are selfish and think only of themselves and I think that the fae are a bit like that too. Or the royalty would be. They'd have to be in order to survive. Succession is another thing I have to think about because after all that is where the curse came from. It came from a King who feared for his throne. The dark king, Tam's father hates his son. Hates that in a moment of passion he created someone or something that could usurp him, over power him, and that is his big secret. If Tam goes back to Faery he is as good as a dead man and he'll know that because to save Miranda he'll have to go with her. He can't go without her or be here without her. He cannot fathom the thought. Leo does a great Romeo and inspired that bit.

Off to write now while the idea is fresh in my mind. Need to sketch this out.

2 comments:

Mary said...

"Miranda knowing that someone will someday try to kill her and Tam not knowing that he is the one prophesied to do the deed." LOVE LOVE this kind of plot!

Write on!!

Anonymous said...

Now that's a hook. Go girl. Try to get something down linear on that!