Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Exhaustion...and how to fix it

Well, everyone knows I started this new job in April and so far it has sucked the life out of me. I have put ten thousand miles on my car since then and an average of 150.00 bucks a week into the tank. This is a high pressure job. The last sales job I had was working from my home, but it involved a good bit of office work and not so much out of the office bits. So trying to get my daughter ready to go to another home school has been crazy and busy and then vacation and trips to the beach and going to get one child and picking mine up have left me feeling like I haven't had two seconds to myself and when I do I feel like I'm brain dead.

And I don't like it.

*sigh*

But what to do? I suck at time management but I think I'm going to have to get better at it. That and I need to take better care of myself. I think I need to start some kind of excercise program to clear my head and work out the kinks.

Okay, enough bitching for one night. I'm going to go try and get some writing done before I pass out.

Hugs to everyone!
Michelle

5 comments:

Mary said...

10,000 miles since March! I hope your gas is reimbursed!

You don't sound happy. I feel for you. Since you are interviewing... I feel like I can say that I think you are doing the right thing (looking for something that fits you better I mean ;) ). Since you travel a lot... I imagine it would be easier for you to interview than the average person at a desk job... might as well take advantage of it ;)

I have a book recommendation for you if you are reading any self help books right now... Law of Attraction by Michael Losier. I bet your library has it... or one of the other zillions of books on the Law of Attraction.

Bitching and writing are good therapy!
Hugs, Mary

Anonymous said...

I agree with Mary. Hope you have a better day today and tomorrow.

Beth said...

The rat race of working sucks. I feel your pain, and your brain death. Find something that is just for you, a movie, a book, or just a long bath. Women do not take enough time to relax these days, rewind and rejuvenate.

As for time management, cough, I wish I could help. I am terrible at it. Hugs!

Anonymous said...

You gonna post soon? What's going on.

Michelle said...

I will. Gotta get my boss out of town first. Craz-iiiii-neeeee-ssssss is ensuing.

Never a dull moment with me.

*grin*