Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Winter has arrived and has decided not to leave



It's cold here in the Carolinas. Terribly wickedly cold. We've a fairly mild climate here in the piedmont of the state but for the last few weeks arctic winds have arrived and made moving around a bit difficult. I cannot seem to get warm and have been drinking great quantities of tea. Currently 34'F and overcast with rain on the way. Brrrrhhhh.

On other thoughts...writing being one of them I realized that for more than a year I've been writing on TWAB. It is the one story that consumes me but also drives me mad. No matter what I do I can't seem to massage it enough to make it work. And I do mean work for me. The part that makes me insane is that I cannot get what I see in my head down on the paper but it's too good a story to let go. Don't get me wrong. I'm not giving up on it, but I think TWAB and I need a separation of sorts. I'm too close to it right now and need to step back so I can look at the whole objectively. I have way too much written to chunk it all. But I think I need a change of scenery, an opportunity to think about something else.

So for the next month or so I'm going to give TWAB a rest. I've mudded the waters too much with all my splishing and splashing about everywhere. I've started researching middle grade books based on where I grew up. I had a cute little idea and I'm going to plot out some of those books and see what happens.

Still looking for part time work and I just dropped my application in at a craft store. (woo hoo) I love to paint and do all sorts of things with clay and what not, so we'll see what happens there and I did down play some of my experience.

How is everyone else surviving this winter?

No comments: